Wednesday, March 29, 2006

About America

About America

4/29/02


I had no idea America has become “the country of the first arrived”.

Let's not forget that the reality is the following: half of NY still speaks - at home and even in school - mostly Spanish, as does more than half of California, and Nevada, and Texas... The other half is owned by Greeks, and Arabs and Chinese and so on.... What is the percentage of "Americans" in this country? I mean real Americans? People who don't go in their native countries every summer - or at least dream of going; people who forgot their traditions and language to adopt only English in their homes and everywhere else? How many of your scientists or pop music singers are the type of real "Americans"? And since when do I have to leave a free country just because I think that maybe George Bush - the present "uncle Sam" - is wrong in one matter or another? What about the freedom of speech? And to talk about this nations trust in God.... I think this is barely a good time for that (see the catholic priests abusing children).

I see America as a choice. Everybody has the right to make one in his/her lifetime. I see it as the better choice.

In your case, Tom, you didn't have to make the choice; the parents of your grandparents made it for you and you take it for granted now. I'm making the choice for myself and I'm fighting for it more than you will or have ever fought for something in your whole life.

It's why I know I deserve it. So don't give me this "first arrived right to set-up the rules" crap.

If it was for someone to listen to this idiot, after all those he claims that “have no right to be here and should leave” have left, there may be left about 10 million people in all America - who claim to be "real Americans". And they would probably be the kind of people who dare to say:" I'm doing whatever I dam please because I'm an American!”

And I say - fine! But who's gone support your economy, who's gone work in your factories for the minimum wage, who's gone give you oil for the price that you get it for now.....?

I'd rather stop here.

America is what it is, because it has all it has.

Denisa Dobrin

No comments: