Tuesday, April 26, 2016

I'm depressed



Denisa Dobrin (March 20, 2013)

I'm depressed
For what seems like three years - pretty much since we broke up -
I've been continuously depressed and unhappy
And it doesn't help that she tells me you're happy
SHE tells me that you're happy.
You don't deserve to be happy

Feels like the universe somehow broke loose
Like a black hole somehow ate all the light.
And the night is light and the day is dark.
Which translates into: I can't sleep and I'm too tired to think
But I also can't stop thinking.
Because all you left behind is questions; and confusion.
And each time I say to myself: "Enough! Stop! I don't want to think about it anymore! I'm done!"
... I think about it.

It's darker than the moment when you told me that you didn't love me
Like I didn't deserve to be loved.
Those few words hurt so bad like a verdict
Came down with a vengeance and
Turned my whole universe upside down.
It's inverted.

It's not even that I don't want you to be happy 
You just don't deserve to be happy.
Because you lifted me up and gave me hope
And gave me faith and gave me everything that one should give
And then... You turned your back and walked away.
As if it was ok for us to think nothing that happened ever happened.
Because you think it would've been better "if I never met you".
You can't rewrite history!
You can't undo love, or pain, or feelings, or smiles.
It's not like erasing pictures or calling it quits
It's not like breaking the connections between us will drown the memories.
Saying I don't want to know you doesn't mean I've never known you.

See, I would say that you left me holding everything
But you just left me holding pain
A pain so deep that no ailment can heal it
No "bigger love" can conceal it
You left me holding hopes and heaven and stars and dreams
And you left me but held my happiness hostage.
You left - which still means you were here.

So ... You're happy.  
And no injustice could ever feel this big

There's a scratch at the seams
And something bad will happen
Something really bad
Bad enough to set all wrongs right

Because this is not how the world is supposed to be
You can't make someone so deeply unhappy and then think you have the right to be happy
I'm depressed

No comments: